Stephanie's educational background
CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
INTERNSHIPS, STUDY GROUPS & SPECIALIZED TRAINING
- Aromatouch Training Course: Essential Oil Application Technique, Portland, Oregon, 2014 taught by Aisha Harley
- Therapeutic Gemstones: Healing Body, Mind and Spirit, Dr. Ada González. Retreat encompassing the fundamentals of gemstone energetic medicine and gemstone therapies for clinical practice. February 27-28, 2013.
- Non-violent Communication, Sura Hart. Attended two intensive workshops on the principles of non-violent communication. Took part
- Craniosacral Therapy Training, Carol Gray, C.S.T., L.M.T. Received small group training in Craniosacral Therapy. Classes were as follows: Advanced Training: The Cranial Base & its Links to the Hard Palate & Facial Bones, July 6, 2011, Basics of Craniosacral Therapy, August 2-4, 2010, and Subtle Hands-On, July 29, 2010.
- Nutritional Response Testing Study Group, ULAN Method, Roger Popp, CD. ULAN Method scanning & muscle testing for nutritional deficiencies, food & environmental sensitivities, physiological weaknesses, & the necessary supplement requirement. 2011.
- Desert Woman Botanicals, Gila, NM. 1999. Farm and Natural Medicine Intern. Practiced sustainable organic farming methods including propagation, transplanting, compost production, and herbal medicine making methods such as wildcrafting, salve and tincture preparation.
- Mood Management with Essential Oils- June 28, 2013, workshop relaying the latest research for using therapeutic-grade essential oils for emotional and mental health, Dr. David Hill and Danielle Daniels
- Reclaim the Brain- March 23-24, Overview of nutritional and homeopathic strategies for decreasing risks for and recovering from neurological disorders, from ASD to Alzheimer’s. Dr. Robert Abell
- Inflammation: The Fire Within- March 15-17, 2013. A Nutritional Therapy Association conference with presentations from nationally acclaimed speakers and local experts in the field of nutrition.
- Portland Plant Gathering, November 16-18, Dental Health, Beyond the Toothbrush, Floss and Dental Chair with Sharon Woodard, Digest This with Sarah Holmes, Self Care through the Menstrual Cycle with Silke Akerson, & Health Justice with Lydia Anne Barthalow.
- Portland Plant Gathering, December 2-4, 2011, Pacific Northwest Plants: Healing Wealth from Both Sides of the Mountains with Cascade Anderson Geller, Treating Effects of Adrenaline Stress on the Body with Howie Brounstein, From Trauma to Initiation with Scott Kloos, Seaweed for Health and Nutrition with Ryan Drum, Flower Essences and Plant Spirit Medicine for the Emerging Healer with Shayne Case, and more.
- Breitenbush Herbal Conference, September 9-11, 2011, Yin Deficiency with Michael Tierra, Medicine Making with Rosemary Gladstar, Health & Constitution with James Green Portland Plant Gathering, November 19-21, 2010, Restoring Balance with Colette Gardiner, Plant Medicine and the Four Elements, Re-Indigenizing in the City, Making Medicinal & Delicious Cordials, Plants for Wilderness Survival, The Physiology of Stress & Botanical Intervention, Moxa: The Burning of Mugwort for Physical & Spiritual Health with various instructors.
- Wise Acres NW Herb Fest, July 24-25, 2010, First Aid in the Field, Wound Care, Herbs & Improving Tissues in the Body, Sensing the Chemistry in Herbs, & Ayurvedic Basics for the G.I. Tract
- Mastering the Thyroid, June 11-13, 2010, Thyroid Physiology & Biochemistry, Thyroid-Immune, Brain, & Endocrine Crosstalk, Autoimmune, Thyroid Nutritional, etc., Datis Kharrazian, D.C., D.H.Sc., M.S., M. Neuro.Sci., etc. Attended as Assistant to Naturopath.
- Drugs that Don’t Work and Natural Therapies that Do, May 22, 2010, Hormones, Thyroid, & Iodine, David Brownstein, MD
- Northwest Naturopathic Conference, May 7-9, 2010, Immunobiology, Avoiding Exogenous Hormone Therapies, Effective Immune Support, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Mother’s Medicine, & Balneotherapy
- Functional Endocrinology, April 24-25, 2010, Laboratory Assessment & Nutritional Management for Endocrinological Disorders, Datis Kharrazian, D.C., D.H.Sc., M.S., M. Neuro.Sci., etc. Attended as Assistant to Naturopath.
- Functional Gastroenterology II and III, April 10 & June 19, 2010, Steven Sandberg-Lewis, ND, DHANP and Keivan Jinnah, ND, MSOM, LAc. Emotional Freedom Technique, Gastroenterology clinical treatments, and the functional treatment of liver disease.
- Nutritional Therapy Association Conference, March 19-21, 2010, Functional Endocrinology, Laying the Foundation to Promote Hormone Health, The Golden Triangle in Menopause, The Burgeoning Infertility Epidemic: Dietary, Nutritional, & Toxic Causes, & Endocrine Disrupting Toxins
- Beginning Muscle Checking, December 2009, Holly McClenahan, Bioenergist.
- Materia Medica Intensive, North American Institute of Medical Herbalism, Paul Bergner. A 24 disk audio intensive discussions of the herbs begin where most discussions end, going further into subjects such as energetic properties, and differentials between similar herbs.
- Insulin Resistance: Pathophysiology and Natural Therapeutics Seminar, North American Institute of Medical Herbalism, Paul Bergner. A 19 disk audio class on the pathophysiology of insulin resistance, and the clinical application of protocol including influence of diet, exercise, nutrition and herbs on the condition.
- Detoxification, Alteratives, and the Liver, North American Institute of Medical Herbalism, Paul Bergner. An 11 hour course covering detoxification in traditional and contemporary medicine, the pathophysiology of the liver, materia medica for the liver and for alterative therapy, and strategies for various types of detoxification, including formulation methods.
- Fundamentals of Herbal Formulation Seminar, North American Institute of Medical Herbalism, Paul Bergner. 12 audio CDs of a six-class sequence on herbal actions and formulation.
- Vitalist Treatment of Acute Symptoms, North American Institute of Medical Herbalism, Paul Bergner. A 30 hour audio CDs sequence on treatment of acute symptoms for the advanced pre-clinical program. Physiology, pathology, nutrition, pharmacology, herbal actions, and vitalist and constitutional considerations for acute symptoms considered, whether as primary complaints or part of a larger presentation of chronic disease.
- American Herbalist Guild, Symposium Recordings 2000-2010. Member access to hundreds of hours of lectures taught by predominate wellness practitioners and ranging in topic from Insulin Resistance to Keys to Interpreting Herb-Drug Interactions. Instructors include Jillian Stansbury, Christopher Hobbs, David Winston, David Hoffman, & Donald Yance. Digestion & Absorption: The Key to Good Health, Dan O. Harper, M.D. H.M.D., M.D.H. Leaky gut syndrome physiology & treatment. Electromagnetic Fields, Dan O. Harper, M.D. H.M.D., M.D.H. History, prevention, homeopathic and nutritional treatment.
- The Four Diagnosis: The Basis of Herbal Medicine, Michael Tierra. Principles of Interrogation, Observation, Listening, and Palpation to evaluate energetic differences and select the most effective herbal treatment approach.
- The Great Health Heist, Nutrition Response Testing Demystified, ULAN Nutritional Systems
- Herbal & Nutritional Strategies for Harmonizing the Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis, Part I, II & III, Donald Yance, Jr., C.N., M.H., R.H. Specifics on adaptogenic plants and nutritional agents that work to reduce the negative effects of stress, regulate hormone metabolism, improve energy transfer, slow down the aging process and inhibit an array of common diseases including: insulin resistance, hypothyroidism, obesity, cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s and cancer.
- Southwest School of Botanical Medicine, Chemistry, Cell Metabolism, Autonomic Nervous System, & Physiology, Howie Brounstein Southwest School of Botanical Medicine, G.I. Tract & Dysbiosis, Michael Moore.
- Thyroid Deficiency: An Integrative Approach, Donald Yance, Jr., C.N., M.H., A.H.G. Dietary suggestions and herbs that include guggul, coleus, poke, pulsatilla and the adaptogenic herbs.
- Tongue & Pulse Diagnosis I & II, Thomas Avery Garran, C.H.
- The Village Herbalist & Think Like an Herbalist Series, Healing with Nutrition, Blood Sugar, Kidney & Bladder Health, Digestion Harmony, Less Stress, etc., Produced by Herb Mentor, Heather Nic an Fhleisdeir
- Cleansing & Detoxification pt1-2, Eric Yarnell
- Clinical Nutrition for Herbalists pts.1-4, Paul Bergner
- Assessing & Treating Hyperinsulinemia pt.1-2, Paul Bergner
- PCOS & Insulin Resistance connection, Robin DiPasquale
- Fire in the Belly: From GERD to Ulcerative Colitis, K.P. Khalsa
- The Hydra-headed Monster: Identifying and Treating Food Allergies in Chronic Disease, Paul Bergner
- ABC&D Approach to Herbs and Nutrition, David Winston